Sunday, January 30, 2011

One broken camera, welfare visit, and EBT card later...

Oh yes, you heard right. The path in my little fantasy world has taken a steep decline (or incline?)-- whichever is worse. My camera is officially broken. And although I miss my little beauty, it's the least of my worries at this time.
R.I.P. Mr. Nikonia

On the bright side I learned my semi-anual income will not be coming to me this February as planned. So, I made my very first trip to the Welfare Office-- I didn't think my $23 would last much longer. Now, before y'all judge me for not working and contributing to society, I have a temporary disability and compensation is trying to be resolved.
Anyway, back to my story. So, I'm in the social service office and I'm clearly out of my element. I'll just leave it at that. Everyone knew each other...like some sort of secret underground social gathering. And I definitely heard someone talking about Twinkies. Suddenly I have a sweet tooth.
Well, thank God for Miss Mucker. She got me on the path to a better future- I get to buy groceries this week. 
I was pretty excited about this since an EBT card now feels like a miracle, until I got a notice in the mail today that... apparently I have to work at an Animal Shelter as some sort of barter for food stamps? Hmm... this slightly concerns me especially since I have an aversion to kill shelters. On the bright side, I get to "report to Cesar Chavez." 

Who KNEW he was even alive, yet alone hosting public work programs?!



No comments:

Post a Comment