Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dating and narcolepsy.. the not so perfect combo.

First things first. We will call him Marlo.

Things were going great... we saw each other all the time, listened to the same music, read the same books, and we both liked to eat (who doesn't, really?) It's pretty much a dream come true, and we both think so. 

But then one day it happened. I'm sitting alone at a coffee shop, waiting.. waiting... calling... waiting. I leave. Later, I get the excuse "I'm  so sorry, I fell asleep." Hmm. Ok, I rationalize with myself, he works long hours, overtime, nights.. he's tired. I'll give that to him... although it never happened before. Nevertheless, I decide to let it go and give him the benefit of the oh-so-there doubt.

Well, apparently, seeing that this works and I'm not the crazy-maniac-pre-bridezilla type, he decides this is the perfect excuse. Dinner plans = sleeping, coffee plans = sleeping, movie plans = sleeping. What are you, narcoleptic? I'm beginning to become genuinely concerned. I mean, of course it's not me! Narcolepsy's no joke, you know? Oh, but don't be alarmed, there is no medical condition to be concerned about! Me doing his taxes = awake. Homework help = awake. Lend-him-some-money = awake.

Marlo, Marlo, Marlo.. (this is the point where I run one finger over the other, making a tsk tsk noise.) The world is a big Marlo. Needless to say, I've decided not to date narcoleptics... I recommend the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment